Monday, June 18, 2007

June 16

Off to Scotland. We woke up early this morning and met at 5 AM. Our train to Edinburgh was 5 hours and 40 minutes long. Mostly we just slept. So we finally arrived and the person who ran the hostel told us that he would come pick us up from the train station. Well, he took over an hour and was very friendly but there was something sketchy about him. So we finally arrive at the hostel (there were 13 of us so Muhammad had to pick us up in two groups). The hostel is pretty gross looking. It was also very sketchy. Zach was the one who was taking care of all of the payments and Muhammad asked him to come with him… So apparently they get in a car and drive all around town pick up his family, drop them off at the hospital, stop at his market where Zach finally pays. Then Muhammad brings him back. The whole time we were just sitting there wondering where Zach was. Once we got settled we went to find something to eat. We ate at this fantastic Italian restaurant. I sat with Keysha and we had a feast! It was so good!!! Then we were off to the castle. Well during this trip I slipped and fell once again because it was pouring rain and all I had were filp flops. None of us were prepared for this horrible weather. It was so cold that we could see our breaths!!!! Well, during this time I got separated from the group. So I was all alone in Scotland. I didn’t know what the name of our hotel was, what street it was on or how to get back. I knew everyone was on their way to Edinburgh Castle so I just asked tons of people how to get there. I finally made my way there and the group wasn’t there. I hoped that they had just gotten there earlier and went in. So I just waited outside of the castle. About 40 minutes later they show up. They had gotten lost and tried to scale the mountain where the castle was. So the whole group is finally together again. Breanne, Mikell, Sharele, and I decided to go shopping. We went into a bunch a vintage stores and there was some really great stuff in there. We didn’t get anything but it was fun. We got back to the hostel and just crashed until the other people got back. For the rest of the night we just did our homework and watched tv.

No comments: