Monday, June 25, 2007

June 24

We went to church. We went to an English speaking ward. It was very small, about 20 people. Then we went to the Catacombs. I think that they ran out of room in their cemeteries and had to dig up all of the bodies and they were all put in tunnels underground. The workers got creative and made different designs out of their bones. Don’t quote me on this and when I get home I will look it up to see if I got the history right. (We didn’t have a guide on this tour.) After the catacombs we came home and took a well needed nap. Later that night we went on a boat tour of the Seine River. From the river you can see all of the famous sights in Paris. By the time we got back it was starting to get dark so we took pictures of the Eiffel Tower and were going to go up but decided it was too crowded. It was beautiful and it finally hit me that I was actually in Paris.

No comments: