Monday, June 25, 2007

June 25

Today we had a very busy day. We woke up and went to Saint Chapelle. The walls are mostly made of stained glass. It was so beautiful. The next place we went was Notre Dame. The exterior of this building was beautiful. After this we hit up the Pompidou. This building was my absolute favorite. The exterior is really cool, but not necessarily my favorite. The interior is very innovative and functional. I loved the museum inside the building as well. There were some great exhibits. After this we were absolutely starving, so we got a crepe. I got a egg, ham and cheese and it was amazing and oh so satisfying. When we were refueled we went to the Louvre. It was amazing to actually be in a place that I had seen so many times in pictures and movies. We went inside and saw the Mona Lisa. It was cool to see it in person but I wasn’t quite as impressed as I thought I would be. We went and saw the furniture exhibit and that was neat but it was the same kind of furniture we had seen in all of the houses. The Louvre was huge so that is all we saw there today. We were much too tired and hot to continue walking around there.Art Nouveau sign at the Metro
Inside St. Chapelle

Notre Dame

Inside Notre Dame

Pompidou

Inside the Pompidou

View from the top

Restaurant at the Pomp

Kaari and I in front of one of the exhibits at the Pompidou

Me, Chance and Linds at the Louvre

No comments: